You’ve come across a variety of essays such as the narrative, persuasive, expository, argumentative, and even an analytical essay. But just when you get satisfied with having written so many kinds of essays, BAM! A new kind of essay hits you: the discursive essay. Now what?
Well, if you ask me, learning how to write a discursive essay isn’t that bad. Our professional panel of essay writing help experts has made it simpler with a step-by-step guide to writing flawless discursive essays.
For more than ten years now, students have relied upon My Assignment Services for tips, tricks, samples, and reference assignment solutions covering a wide range of essays. In this blog, we will be focusing on 25+ outstanding discursive topics of 2020 that have been suggested by our essay writers and helped students stand apart in the crowd. But first, let us give you basic dos and don ‘ts of writing a discursive essay.
We hope now you have understood the basics that need to be kept in mind while writing a discursive essay. Before our essay help experts get on with the discursive essay topic ideas, let us talk briefly about this type of essay and the characteristics that distinguish a discursive essay from other kinds of essays.
What Is Discursive Writing?
Do you want to master the art of writing a discursive essay? Then, the first step towards achieving it would be to know what it is and how it stands apart among other types of essays.
The process of discursive writing comes with describing various perspectives of an argument to reach to the most correct one. So, the task of writing a discursive essay becomes all the more challenging because students are often required to present more than one side of the argument keeping in mind the purpose of these essays, which is to discover the truth by exploring various arguments. While we have got several queries of students on discursive essay topics, we have catered to them efficiently and not only provided them with ideas but also equipped them with a wide range of reference essays to get the format easily.
Which Are The 2 Types Of Discursive Essays?
BBC categorises these types of essays into two main groups. In the first type, students are given a fixed topic to write upon. Here, what you need to do is discuss the given problems or issues argumentatively, either in favour or against the given topic of the essay. Also, the advantages and disadvantages of the topic must be highlighted in these essays.
The second type of discursive essay is the one wherein, students have to choose their topic and as per their own interest choose a specific side to support. With the help of supporting evidence and statements, the tone in these essays has to be persuasive to convince the readers.
Why Do Students Face Difficulties In Choosing a Discursive Essay Topic?
Our essay writers have noticed a similar pattern in the students who have approached us with their doubts on discursive essays. Some common issues have made choosing an ideal topic for a discursive essay even more intricate for them. From picking a topic that has ample references to include and real-life events to back up the claims; the list is never-ending.
Have you also experienced these setbacks? Not to worry, here is a comprehensive guide to assist you in understanding the process of writing a discursive essay easily. (These are tried and tested tips that have already been used by our essay writing help experts daily)!
1. Amp up your readers with choosing controversial topics
Breaking stereotypes is today’s trend. This is exactly how your essays can make a difference. Do you think any of your friends have so much time to spend on choosing something unique for their essays? No, everyone runs after topics that are generic and easy to research upon.
You don’t have to get lost in the crowd! That’s how you can make an impactful impression on your professors by opting for some topic that no one has selected. Working on the offbeat topics would not only gain more attention but also portray you as a student who doesn’t escape hard work.
But, also make sure that you have enough resources to back up your arguments, else it’s futile.
2. Have you brainstormed your ideas yet?
Choosing a topic and writing on it is not how a discursive essay should be written. If you wish to write a discursive essay like a pro-essay writer, then you ought to develop a constructive mind-map and find the answers to the following questions:
- a) What are the aspects that have motivated me to write this essay?
- b) What makes it appealing or interesting to the readers?
- c) Do I have enough literature to support the essay?
3. Make yourselves equipped with all the technical knowledge
Lastly, you don’t want your readers to lose their directions in the essay and reach straight to the conclusion, isn’t it?
Then, it is imperative to be well-familiarised with certain technical aspects before you commence the task of writing discursive essays. When these things are there in the essay, then only you can direct the reader’s straight to the solutions that have been addressed in the essay.
- There must be at least 6 paragraphs in a discursive essay
- The introduction must be compelling enough to hook the readers
- Make sure that the essay has at least 2 paragraphs in favour and 2 against the topic
- At last, there must be some good use of thought-provoking sentences in the conclusion to give a clear closure to the essay.
25+ Outstanding Discursive Essay Topics to Choose From
And now finally, it’s time for the cherry on the cake. Here is a list of some top discursive essay topics. Go through these and hit that perfect score that you have always dreamed of!
- Are vegetarians healthier than non-vegetarians?
- Should uniforms be banned?
- Should the courts in the UK have a documented form of judgement?
- Is homeschooling better for children?
- Should students on steroids be prohibited to participate in sports activities?
- Should same-sex marriage be legalised?
- Are detox-diets benefiting people?
- Has workplace diversity enhanced productivity among employees?
- How have women faced workplace challenges?
- Has the print media vanished from the UK?
- Has social media made a positive impact on the students of the United Kingdom?
- Are the efforts made by the parents in the UK enough to keep their children away from drugs?
- Should there be a ban on freedom of speech?
- Have the present conditions of healthcare and medicine improved since 1900?
- Which is better- a nuclear family or a joint family?
- Should celebrities be a part of politics?
- Has artificial intelligence contributed to the development of modern society?
- How has the government responded to the censorship of erotic scenes in the movies?
- Is yoga better than fasting?
- How has peer pressure contributed to adding stress to the lives of students?
- How has the government guaranteed to lessen the destruction of rainforests?
- Is there an actual need for Facebook to get connected to people?
- How has block-chain enhanced the quality of trade finance in 2020?
- Should rap music be censored?
- Is crypto-currency the main reason for people not believing in each other?
- Is there a true connection between Satanism and rock music?
- Has the current education system changed and how?
- Are the commercials on drug abuse effective?
Would you like to have more such discursive essay topic ideas? Then, just get in touch with our essay help experts. We have a plethora of creative and interesting ideas for you, that will make your essays look even brighter!
Get Access To A Whole New World Of Discursive Essay Samples!
Our essay writing help experts just showed you some great discursive essay topics. We can also provide you with high-quality samples for discursive essays. My Assignment Services is a repository of tips, tricks, samples, and reference essays covering a wide range of different essays. So, give us a call right away to get yours now!